India Cricket Team

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Will not wear jersey with numbers - Sehwag

Indian opener, Virender Sehwag's numberless jersey controversy has taken a new turn today. The ICC has already made it clear that, it is against rules, but Sehwag is in no mood accept ICC's decision.
Sehwag has made it clear to the ICC that, he will not be wearing jersey with numbers on it. It can be noted that Virender Sehwag had scored a mammoth 175 runs innings against Bangladesh, in the opening match of World Cup without wearing jersey number. "I don't want to use a number," Sehwag said, making it clear that he would not listen to what ICC says.
"My mother had consulted some astrologers, who gave her some numbers which I could use, but I told her that I don't have a number when I play Test cricket, so why should I have one when I play one-day cricket," he said. Supporting Sehwag's stance on the issue, Indian team manager, Ranjib Biswal said that, "If Sehwag could play the ICC World T20 without a jersey number, I don't see why he cannot do that in another ICC tournament ” the 50-50 World Cup. And if the ICC wanted him to wear one during this tournament, they should have informed us earlier."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys